Who we are:
We are Cram Crew, a one-on-one, in-home tutoring firm. Tutoring firm? Yep, tutoring is what we do, and we’re dang proud of it. We’re looking for a one-of-a-kind Development Coordinator to help support the content knowledge of our students and tutors.
Our Development team trains consultants, provides professional development programs, and creates original study and assessment materials for our clients.
As an extension of the Development team, the Development Coordinator supports the content knowledge of our consultants (tutors) and provides them with resources to ensure effective sessions with their students. Additionally, our Development Coordinator prepares and coordinates Mock Exams as well as schedules and facilitates certain aspects of training and certifications.
This position will be based out of our Austin office.
What we offer:
- Paid Training
- Team-building events
- Paid time off and holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth within the company
- Matching 401(k) program
- Medical, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance*
*Contingent on full-time (average of 30 hrs/week) status.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Coordinating and planning dates and times of your area’s in office Mock Exams (practice tests for the ACT, SAT, and PSAT) and assigning proctors for each Mock Exam
- The Development Coordinator communicates between clients and consultants to register students for Mock Exams
- Grading and performing assessments on Mock Exams
- Liaising between office staff and students to resolve problems and make recommendations to continually improve the Mock Exam process
Development Team Support
- Acting as your area’s Development representative to provide content and technology support to our consultants
- This includes assigning and setting up new technology accounts for any newly hired consultants
- Coordinating and attending your area’s teachbacks, technology training, and virtual training following each monthly training
- A teachback takes place immediately following training and is a new hire’s chance to showcase their understanding of training. During a teachback, a new consultant must demonstrate comprehension of the requirements that must be met in their initial meeting with and assessment of a new student
- New consultants are trained on how to use Cram Crew’s technology
- New consultants are certified to effectively use virtual methods (Zoom) to tutor
- Following up with consultants who have recently passed training and answering any content or training-related questions
- Working in conjunction with the internal Development Team to create, edit, and implement new client and consultant facing materials (such as mock exams, training manuals/literature, or practice test questions) and/or make updates to existing materials.
- Assisting in and hosting specialty events for clients, like The Extra Point (a week-long Test Preparation class prior to an official ACT date), and for consultants, like Employee Appreciation Events
Continuing Education and Certification Courses
- Working in conjunction with the internal Development Team to create, plan, and host professional development workshops, also referred to as Continuing Education Courses (CECs), specific to your area
- Planning and leading trainings for consultant certification in certain subject areas, as needed
- Uses a variety of equipment such as a personal computer, printer, Scantron machine, scanner, iPads, and other standard office equipment
- Provide support to other teams, as needed
What you should offer:
- A strong background in math or science subjects
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Acute attention to detail and ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Forward-thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proficiency in Google suites and Microsoft Office suite
- Prior tutoring/teaching experience preferred
- A minimum of 60 college credit hours