Social Media Strategist and Designer
Who we are:
We are Cram Crew, a one-on-one, in-home tutoring firm. Tutoring firm? Yep, tutoring is what we do, and we’re dang proud of it. We’re looking for a Social Media Strategist and Designer to showcase our brand in a way that engages our audiences across multiple platforms.
As a Social Media Strategist and Designer, you will build and execute a social media strategy, assist our Brand Development Team Lead with marketing and branding campaigns, and design internal and client-facing promotional materials. We are also looking for a candidate who will collaborate with our other departments to manage Cram Crew’s reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase overall reach while encouraging employee engagement and interaction with our media and marketing initiatives.
This position will be located in our Katy, Texas office.
What we offer:
- Paid Training
- Team-building events
- Paid time off and holidays
- Opportunities for professional growth within the company
- Matching 401(k) program
- Medical, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance*
*Contingent on full-time (average of 30 hrs/week) status.
What you will be responsible for:
- Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, and audience identification; gain firm understanding of Cram Crew’s services and client bases in various markets to ensure correct audiences are being targeted
- Assess company’s current social media platforms and practices to identify areas for improvement and growth
- Develop optimization strategies to increase Cram Crew’s search engine results ranking
- Track and analyze analytics reports to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomesEmbrace and stay informed on industry news, competition, and consumer trends
- Manage and propel Cram Crew’s digital presence via social media; follow and keep up to date with social media accounts of any industry-relevant organizations and competitors and share information with other teams as necessary. Social media platforms will include but may not be limited to:
- Develop and create compelling original online content; strategize and schedule content production
- Maintain engagement on platforms and responding to comments/questions in a timely manner as primary community manager; respond via social media to any comments and/or mentions and ensure Cram Crew’s social media platforms show engagement with our community
- Create and maintain social media calendar to ensure content is posted on platforms on a regular basis
- Coordinate with Recruiter and/or Human Resources for ideas on recruiting related social media posts and posts with the objective of engaging current Cram Crew employees
- Assist Team Lead with initiating, planning, strategizing, and executing all Cram Crew marketing and branding campaigns
- Contribute to brainstorming for the purpose of actively seeking new leads and maintaining existing relationships with clients, contacts, and vendors
- Write and edit compelling copy, including for newsletters and blog as needed and/or when delegated by Team Lead
- Assist Team Lead with the planning and promotion of internal Cram Crew Employee Appreciation events as well as in the planning, promotion, and day-of execution of marketing events
- Design captivating visual and textual forms of communication for social media as needed; assist with other design projects such as internal documents and/or client-facing materials and literature
- Communicate and coordinate as needed with any vendors for ad campaigns and/or marketing partnerships; assist with coordinating payment and correspondence for local marketing initiatives such as school program artwork and/or auction and raffle prizes
What you should offer:
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Social Media account/campaign management: proven success in terms of growth and engagement; the ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of SEO strategies
- Self-sufficiency and effective time management skills; ability to manage long and short term projects simultaneously
- Passion for creativity and engaging clients/potential clients across various social media platforms
- Creative knack for coming up with eye-catching and engaging concepts and themes
- Ability to take initiative and foster collaboration and participation from fellow employees to capture overall company culture and convey it through social media
- Strong familiarity with the business applications of social media platforms
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- Understanding of social media metrics; able to interpret the results and take action to increase effectiveness of social media campaigns
- Strong general communication and customer service skills
Candidates for this role will be asked to provide a design portfolio and/or to share their social media handles.